Miami Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Legal Help for Victims of Pedestrian Injuries in Florida
The victim of a pedestrian accident may suffer catastrophic, life-threatening injuries. These accidents are typically serious due to the difference in size and weight of the pedestrian against a motor vehicle, which may weigh 2,000 pounds or more.
Representing victims who have been involved in pedestrian accidents in the Miami area or anywhere in South Florida is a primary concern of Remer & Georges-Pierre PLLC. If you, your child, or a loved one was injured in an accident of this kind, we welcome you to contact an attorney at our offices to undergo a free, confidential consultation regarding the matter. We can offer you advice and guidance that will help you seek the financial compensation and justice you need.
With a Miami pedestrian accident lawyer at your side, you may be able to bring a successful personal injury lawsuit against the driver or other party that caused your injuries—resulting in a fair out of court settlement or jury award that covers your medical expenses and all other economic and non-economic damages associated with your injuries.
Facts About Pedestrian Accidents
Did you know:
- The National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) estimated that 7,668 pedestrians died in traffic incidents in 2019?
- The vast majority of pedestrian deaths occur in urban settings (82%) and when lighting conditions are low (80%)?
- Only 26% of pedestrian crashes occur at intersections? The majority occur on open roads or in places like parking lots and driveways.
- Almost half (47%) of accidents in 2017 that resulted in a pedestrian death involved alcohol use in the motorist and/or the pedestrian according to the CDC?
What Causes Pedestrian Accidents?
A pedestrian accident may be caused by any type of driver negligence or by a defective automobile part or dangerous intersection. Determining what caused your accident is an important part of the legal representation that your injury attorney will provide, as this is how you will establish the other party's fault and have the opportunity of recovering full financial compensation.
Common causes of pedestrian accidents caused by vehicles and motorists include:
- Vehicle manufacturing defects (e.g., faulty brakes)
- Driving while distracted (texting and driving, etc.)
- Driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
- Speeding and other reckless or aggressive driving
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Failing to check one’s surroundings before backing out
- Driving after dark
- Disregarding traffic signs and signals
When we handle pedestrian injury claims in Miami, our attorneys often work with accident reconstruction professionals and other qualified individuals who can help us determine and then prove what caused the accident. We also work with medical professionals, economists, and psychologists who can work as expert witnesses to help establish the value of our clients' claims.
Call Remer & Georges-Pierre PLLC Today!
Our Miami pedestrian accident lawyers understand that there are numerous challenges involved in a claim. Legal challenges are a major hurdle of course, but accident victims also tend to be in pain, stressed, and may even be suffering from PTSD or emotional trauma due to the accident. We always work closely with clients and tailor our representation to the individual to ensure you are getting the help you need and deserve regarding all aspects of your case. Please don’t hesitate to discuss your case with us during a no-obligation case evaluation to learn how we can help.
Contact a Miami pedestrian injury attorney at our law firm today if you would like to schedule a free consultation regarding your case.